Thursday, April 9, 2009

Why I Love Freelancing: Reason 1

It’s now almost noon. I’ve spent the morning working on a number of articles. I’ve written two, edited four and sent out a number of assignments for the days ahead. I’ve talked with a fashion designer about featuring his stuff, I’ve talked with the web designer about a site glitch and, of course, I’ve twittered (@hinder) and blogged.

So what does the rest of the day hold in store? I’m going to have lunch with a friend and then hit the gym.

When I was in the midst of job searching I’d look out the window and wonder what all the people who jogged past my window at 2pm did professionally. How could they possibly be away from their desk, out of contact from their computer, phone, secretary? How did they justify working out in the middle of the afternoon when everyone else was still stuck in their offices most likely drinking a mid-afternoon cup of coffee to stay awake? But now I’m one of those 2pm gym-goers. And I love it. Plus, the gym is way less crowded at that time than it is at 5pm.

Why I Love Freelancing, Reason 1: I can workout at anytime of the day.

Sidenote: I’m training for the Chicago Marathon! It’s in October. So I’ll probably bore you with Marathon training updates in the months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment